Our planet’s future survival is under question. We humans may be on the brink of extinction OR poised to go through a worldwide spiritual transformation.
Spiritual revolution theories, like the six listed below, attempt to explain mankind’s current global challenges from a higher perspective. Here are six of the most well known spiritual revolution theories today.
1. Eco-Psychology – the earth organism will rebalance itself
Ecopyschology grew out of a dialogue that began between environmentalists and psychologists relatively recently. According to ecopsychology our whole planet is a self-regulating complex living organism.
For it to stay healthy it must maintain a natural balance throughout it’s interconected and interdependent eco-system. Humans are a small part of this giant organism. Planet Gaia self-regulates – through ice-ages or extreme weather, for example – as well as through it’s adjustments to unique ‘consciousness’.
Consciousness is divine intelligence manifested into physical form and expressed through every living thing. It includes human ideas, behaviour, accomplishments and where our species’ energy is directed – i.e. towards love or hatred. The planet’s consciousness therefore changes organically, from the ground up.
The global human population of billions is one of the fastest conduits for changing planetary consciousness.
We live against the backdrop of bloody and pointless wars, and our potential to destroy the planet many times. In balance, mankind’s interest in personal growth and consciousness expansion is exploding.
Particularly since the birth of pychotherapy and counselling over 100 years ago, mind-body disciplines, biological/body based practices, energy medicine (EFT, AIT, TAT, EMDR) and complementary healing techniques (shiatsu, kinesiology, etc) have proliferated.
See this list of health, fitness and alternative therapies currently insurable in the UK, for a few examples.
Today it seems every one and his dog knows a Reiki Master. The words ‘chakras’ and ‘aura’ have become commonplace. This has taken the ‘spooky voodoo fear’ out of ‘hands-on healing’. There’s a renewed respect for ancient traditions (e.g. shamanism, yoga, meditation, naturopathy) and ancient whole medical systems (Indian ayurveda, Chinese medicine, herbalism).
Complementary medicine has, to some degree, put the power to heal back in our own hands. Mankind is taking huge leaps towards healing our selves – and the planet.
Some believe that many souls born since 1970s see the world radically differently and will push through major changes. These people embody new consciousness in human form. However, the energetic changes they usher in come with major disruption, destruction and instability, which is what we are seeing at the moment.
2. ‘Light Beings’ and ‘Lightworkers’
Indigo, Starseed, Crystal and Rainbow are the names given to new generations of children who are ushering in much needed global change. These children and adults, born since the 1970s, are highly sensitive and usually psychic. According to Doreen Virtue, who has written extensively about them, they have important mission to help mankind with mammoth tasks ahead. The gist of her theories are:
- Indigos have a warrior spirit, because their collective purpose is to mash down old systems that no longer serve the planet. They have arrived to quash outdated governmental, educational, corporate, financial and legal systems. Anything that lacks integrity and fairness.To accomplish this end, they have fiery tempers and determination. They hate lies and can see through untruths easily [Source: Doreen Virtue]. Indigos also detest manipulation, dominance, repression and exploitation.The most excellent definition of an Indigo Adult is by Dr. Phil Mollon PhD, read here. His description of Indigos is the most comprehensive and coherent explanation of Indigos I’ve found.
- Doreen Virtue writes how, by contrast, second-wave children Starseed and Crystal children are calm, joyful and even-tempered. Crystal children are unguarded and unpretentious, forgiving and easy-going.The Crystal generation benefit from the all the Indigos’ trailblazing. The Crystal generation walk the cleared path, stepping into a safer and more secure world.
- Finally the third-wave fearless Rainbow Children will ultimately populate the earth. Rainbow Children are pure givers who are born ready to fulfil the planet’s need for healing and co-operation.
One of the earliest pioneers of this theory of ‘Three Waves of Volunteers‘ sent to earth from other galaxies to help with earth’s ascension was Dolores Cannon.
Dolores was a master teacher, hypnotist, healer and metaphysical pioneer. You can hear her explain this theory on YouTube:
Lightworkers are the self-titled therapists, healers, coaches, activists, soulpreneurs and holistic practitioners who believe they are part of a spiritual revolution. They ascribe to the theory that they have come to earth at this pivotal time to serve and to help usher in a more positive and peaceful age.
3. The Earth’s Chakras opening: 2012 and 2032
In her book 2012 and Beyond best-selling author Diana Cooper writes about the end of a 26,000 year astronomical period and beginning of a new era. According to Diana’s channelled information, the Earth Star chakra opened in London in 2012. It was symbolised by the Olympic Games’ message of unity and coming together, as embodied in the opening ceremony.
She explains how the Stellar Gateway opened in the Arctic, pouring in Source light and accelerating the ascension of human beings across the planet. Diana states that planet earth has 12 spiritual chakras, which are opening to aid the planet’s evolution into higher realms.
The lower chakras are concerned with safety, security, feelings, creativity, ego, etc. The higher chakras are concerned with love, communication, truth and one-ness. Here’s a map of the earth’s chakras according to Diana Cooper:
- Earthstar: London
- Base: Gobi Desert, China
- Sacral: Honolulu, Hawaii
- Navel: Fiji
- Solar Plexus: South Africa
- Heart: Glastonbury UK
Cosmic heart: Guatamala
- Throat: Luxor, Egypt
- Third Eye: Afghanistan
- Crown: Machu Picchu, Peru
- Causel: Tibet
- Soul Star: Agra, India
- Stellar Gateway: Arctic
Diana believes that by 2032 many of our common attitudes to the planet and each other will have completely changed. Some of these innovations include: more respect for nature, better treatment of animals, the coming together of 5th Dimensional communities and more co-operation between nations.
4. Age of Pisces ends, Age of Aquarius begins
Astrologically we are at the end of the 2,160 year old Piscean Age. Astrologers such Vera Reid, author of Towards Aquarius (1970), wrote about how the new Aquarius age heralds mankind’s enlightenment: a revelation of truth and the expansion of consciousness. Philosopher and educator Rudolph Steiner believed that in the Age of Pisces people developed their individuality. Whereas in the Age of Aquarius, people will develop a spiritual brotherhood while retaining their own identity.
Terry MacKinnell is a Vedic-western fusion astrologer believes the Aquarian Age will be good for improving the lives of women too. Each sign in astrology can be divided into three stages. He explains the first stage of the Aquarian age is Libra (from 1433 to 2148). Libra and Cancer are the two signs most strongly associated with women. Cancer veers more to the mother figure while Libra to the lover, wife or partner but this delineation is not carved in stone.
The planet Venus, the Goddess of Love, rules the sign Libra. So expect lots more of the divine feminine, Goddess empowerment and Gaia consciousness to seep into our everyday language, as well as more equal pay, equal rights and a higher status put on child rearing. The masculine energies of empire building, colonisation, intellectualism, challenge and expansion is giving way to the feminine energies of nurturing, caretaking, intuition, healing and receptivity.
Roy Grasse promotes the theory that the new age will come in waves, amidst extraordinary technological or humanitarian breakthroughs, despite corporate greed and environmental challenges.
5. A Return to ‘the Old Ways’
The industrial revolution (1760-1840) stripped ordinary European people of their connection to the land. Next, the technological brave new world of the 1960s failed to materialise. Technological societies have failed to meet some of the most primal human spiritual needs. Anxiety, loneliness and depression is very high amongst people living in urban centres. In response, many people have found deeper meaning by returning to ‘the old ways’. By this I mean honouring nature’s cycles, community building, sustainability and earth-based spirituality.
For example, we are starting to go back to our roots where food is concerned. Ethical consumerism, organic farming and grow-your-own has become fashionable – and big business. There’s a renewed interest in organic food, products, sustainable development and vegetarianism.
Sales of organic food and non-food products in the United States broke through another record in 2014, totaling $39.1 billion, for example (Source: Organic Trade Association). In the UK the vegetarian diet is firmly on the map with 12% of UK adults following a vegetarian or vegan diet, rising to 20% of 16 to 24 year olds (Source: Mintel) as a response to industrialised production methods.
6. Ascended Masters and Angels on the Earth Plane
Another popular channelled spiritual theory is that now – more than ever in earth’s history – high vibration beings, such as Angels and Ascended Masters, are working on the earth plane to help mankind create a more peaceful and fair planet. These are more advanced than the light beings and light workers mentioned above. Many of these Masters are in plain sight; perhaps appearing humble, unassuming or leading mundane lives, i.e. not arriving with a big fanfare.
They are ‘spiritual’ with a small ‘s’ so won’t necessarily wear their spirituality on their sleeve. You will just as likely find them working in a youth offending prison or HR position in a corporate company, as holding a chakra workshop down at your local yoga centre.
Their job is to help guide people to realise their connection to their life purpose, to clear karmic issues and be beacons of light, hope and inspiration to others.
More glimmers of hope and optimism FYI
Wanttoknow.info gives a few more reasons to be hopeful and optimistic:
- Reason #1 : Humans Are Not Lemmings! Global Population Leveling Off
- Reason #2 : Solar Power Soon Cheaper Than Coal, Gas, and Oil
- Reason #3 : The Internet Miracle – Unprecedented Networking, Information Access
- Reason #4 : Children More Loved, Supported Than Past Generations
- Reason #5 : Violent Crime Dropping Dramatically, Wars Much Less Vicious
- Reason #6 : Focus Shifting from Left vs. Right to 99% vs. 1% to the Human Family
- Reason #7 : Man Behind the Curtain Exposed – The Global Power Elite
- Reason #8 : Interest in Personal Growth, Consciousness Expansion on the Rise
- Reason #9 : Love and Cooperation Are Rockin’ Our World!
- Reason #10 : You Can Be Master of Your Own Life Now!!!
Further reading on Spiritual Revolution theories:
- The Indigo Survival Guide by Olena M A Gill (iUniverse 2006)
- Indigo Adults by Kabir Jaffe and Ritama Davidson (iUniverse 2005)
- Read about Damaged Indigos by Dr Phil Mollon PhD.
- The Good News Network www.goodnewsnetwork.org (Positive news from around the world). With more than 16,000 good news stories cataloged since 1997, The Good News Network is in print and online, and is branching out to podcasting, radioa and video.
- Doreen Virtue www.angeltherapy.com
- Diana Cooper (2012 and Beyond) www.dianacooper.com
So, are you an optimist or a pessimist? Which theory resonates most? Do you feel they are all too ‘out there’? Is the human race doomed to destroy the planet? Food for thought indeed.
This article is copyright Amy Garner © 2o15.