“Feeling everything so deeply can be a blessing, and a curse.”
About Therapeutic Counselling
Low cost therapy UK can help with ingrained issues, such as
• low self esteem / self worth / self love
• self doubt / imposter syndrome / self confidence
• unconscious patterns + behaviours
• inner critic / limiting beliefs
• emotional neglect / inner child healing
• family problems
• relationship issues / dynamics
• shame / shadow work
• trauma / triggers
• anxiety or feeling low
• self awareness
• dealing with unhelpful people or circumstances
• personal or professional boundaries
• expressing feelings + needs / assertiveness
• moods: emotional regulation + self soothing
• being a highly sensitive person, empath or introvert
Additionally, if you need short term support in difficult immediate circumstances:
• job loss
• end of a relationship or
• major life transition (redundancy, retirement, relocation, etc)
• pandemic / social / work / environmental stresses or concerns
Low cost therapy UK is a dedicated space for you to offload and process difficult emotions, learn new coping skills and heal the past.
I am a UK therapist qualified in psychodynamic therapeutic counselling (see About Me).
This means, in therapy, I am proactive, working like a detective to make links between your present day experience and your past.
Therapy may include us looking at hidden patterns, causes and effects.
I integrate several different therapy approaches, including transpersonal – which is a more holistic world view including body, mind and spirit.
I will encourage regular self-care and may also signpost to self-healing resources that you can use to support yourself between sessions.
You have the option of upgrading your low cost therapy package to include access to Monster Slayerz – a transformational course to help highly sensitive adult children from dysfunctional families.
For Frequently Asked Questions – see below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many sessions will I have?
Fortnightly or weekly sessions for 6 months. That would be 12 or 24 x 60 minute sessions total, depending on what is agreed during our Intro Session.
- When will the sessions take place?
Between 12noon and 5.30pm UK on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
At the same time / day every week or fortnight, except for scheduled public holidays and breaks.
- Where will the sessions take place?
All sessions take place via Zoom video call. You will need good, reliable internet connection and a quiet, private place to talk. Earpods are recommended if in shared accommodation.
- What type of therapy do you offer?
Integrative therapy, which means I combine several approaches including psychodynamic, transpersonal, person-centred, mindfulness and self healing techniques such as EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).
- How much will it cost?
The cost is £60 per session.
This is paid monthly, in advance, by credit / debit card, with a 6 month commitment.
The commitment-free introductory session costs £60.00 and is redeemable after your final session.
- What happens if I miss a session?
Due to the low-cost nature of this package, session fees are non-refundable.
If you give 7 days notice it may be possible to offer you an alternative slot instead. This depends on availability and is not guaranteed.
- What happens if I want to take a holiday, will I still have to pay?
- Will the session be confidential?
Absolutely. Your privacy and confidentiality is of utmost importance.
- Will you make notes during the session, and if so, what happens to these?
I will occasionally make basic notes without any identifying details.
Any personal details are stored according to the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR).
- Can I contact you in between sessions?
Email support is not provided between sessions.
- Which professional organisations are you with / your qualifications?
Please see About Me for my training and experience. I qualified in 2014.
- Do you adhere to an ethical framework? If so, which one?
I adhere to the BACP’s ethical framework for UK counsellors and psychotherapists.
- How do I know if we are the right fit?
You are invited to book a 60 minute introductory session with me, to discuss any questions or concerns.
Introductory Sessions take place via Zoom video call, on Mondays between 3pm and 8pm UK and cost £60.00.
They are an opportunity to discuss your needs, ask questions + ensure the right fit.
The Intro Session fee is refunded if you go on to book a package.
- What if I have more questions?
Please fill in the enquiry form below and I will reply to you as soon as possible on my next working day.
To assess whether we are a good fit, discuss your needs and to answer any questions you may have, please book an Intro Session.
Introductory sessions take place via Zoom video call, between 12 noon and 7.00pm UK on Monday 24th + 31st January 2022.
The cost is £60.00. If you decide to book a package this fee will be refunded after your final session.
After payment you will be taken to an online calendar page to schedule your Intro Session date and time.
You’ll then receive a confirmation email with all the appointment details, including the Zoom link.
Book Intro Session
For any queries not answered here, please use the enquiry form below.
Office hours are 9-5pm UK Mondays to Thursdays. I aim to reply to queries within 24 hours or next working day.